What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?
If you’re considering a new Mercedes-Benz, you may be wondering, “What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?” This system works to help keep you safe on long drives and during regular drives through Rye by monitoring your driving habits. Read on to learn more about the ATTENTION ASSIST® “take a break” Mercedes-Benz feature and to find out which models offer it.
How ATTENTION ASSIST® Works
ATTENTION ASSIST® from Mercedes-Benz is an industry-first system. What makes it so special? It uses a highly sensitive sensor and algorithm to monitor your driving behaviors and suggests breaks when it senses driver drowsiness. Here’s how it works:
- Within a few minutes of your journey, ATTENTION ASSIST® begins evaluating your driving style across over 70 driving parameters.
- The system can detect specific steering corrections which could indicate you’re becoming drowsy or unfocused.
- In addition, ATTENTION ASSIST® processes information about your driving environment, including road conditions, crosswinds, and how you’re interacting with instruments inside the cabin.
- If ATTENTION ASSIST® determines you’re drowsy based on the information it’s gathered, it’ll alert you that it’s time to take a driving break.
Models Equipped with ATTENTION ASSIST®
Most of the new vehicles from Mercedes-Benz include ATTENTION ASSIST® as standard equipment, as well as other active features like Lane Keeping Assist, DISTRONIC PLUS®, Blind Spot Assist, and PRESAFE®. Intrigued by a specific Mercedes-Benz model? Find out if it offers ATTENTION ASSIST® below:
- Cars: C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, CLA, and CLS
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
- Roadsters: SLC, SL, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Commercial Vans: Standard on all Metris models
Test Drive a New Mercedes-Benz at Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich!
ATTENTION ASSIST® is just one of the many innovative features from the brand! Contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich to schedule a test drive or to learn more about other technologies, such as COMAND®, BlueTEC®, or 4MATIC® all-wheel drive. We’re conveniently located near Stamford and New Canaan.