What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?
What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®? If you’re considering a new Mercedes-Benz, you should know that this system works to help keep you safe on all your drives through the Rye area. By monitoring your driving habits, the ATTENTION ASSIST® system in your Mercedes-Benz can tell you exactly when to take a break and rest your eyes. Read on to learn more about how this advanced driver drowsiness monitor and find out which new vehicles offer the feature.
How ATTENTION ASSIST® Works
ATTENTION ASSIST® from Mercedes-Benz is an industry-first system. What makes it so special? It uses a highly sensitive sensor and algorithm to learn your driving behaviors, detect changes in your movements, and suggest breaks when it determines that you’re drowsy or distracted. Here’s how it works:
- Within a few minutes of your journey, the ATTENTION ASSIST® system begins evaluating your driving style according to more than 70 driving parameters.
- The system can detect specific steering corrections which could indicate you’re becoming drowsy or unfocused as you drive around Darien and Port Chester.
- In addition, ATTENTION ASSIST® processes information about your driving environment, including road conditions and crosswinds. It also senses how you’re interacting with instruments inside the cabin.
- If ATTENTION ASSIST® determines you’re drowsy based on the information it’s gathered, it’ll alert you that it’s time to take a driving break.
Models Equipped with ATTENTION ASSIST®
Most of the new vehicles from Mercedes-Benz include ATTENTION ASSIST® as standard equipment, as well as other active features like Lane Keeping Assist, DISTRONIC PLUS®, Blind Spot Assist, and PRESAFE®. Intrigued by a specific Mercedes-Benz model? Find out if it offers ATTENTION ASSIST® below:
- Cars: C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, CLA, and CLS
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
- Roadsters: SLC, SL, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Commercial Vans: Standard on all Metris models
What Other Mercedes-Benz Safety Features Are Available?
Today, Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® is standard on a wide range of models, including local favorites like the E-Class and the GLE. However, it’s certainly not the only exciting driver aid that you should look for in our new model inventory! Here, we’ve highlighted just a few technologies that you’ll find on more of our models, every year:
- Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® – Your Mercedes-Benz can also detect imminent collisions, and take steps to reduce the risk to passengers. In just a few moments, your windows will roll up, your headrests will adjust themselves, and your seatbelts will tighten securely.
- DISTRONIC PLUS® – DISTRONIC PLUS® is an adaptive cruise control system. Simply set your preferred speed and follow distance, and continue to steer. You’ll maintain your pace, and the system will respond automatically to the presence of other drivers. An additional Steering Assist feature can keep you centered in your lane.
Looking for even more to love? Today, many models are available with lane-keep assistance, blind-spot monitoring, parallel and perpendicular parking assistance, and so much more.
Test Drive a New Mercedes-Benz at Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich!
ATTENTION ASSIST® is just one of the many innovative features you’ll find in your Mercedes-Benz! Contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich to schedule a test drive or to learn more about other technologies, such as COMAND®, BlueTEC®, or 4MATIC® all-wheel drive. We’re conveniently located near Stamford and New Canaan.
Learn More with Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich
The cabin of the E-Class has even more to offer after 2021’s much-anticipated mid-cycle refresh, and we know that our neighbors are eager to take a closer look! This year’s E-Class interior features exciting and advanced technologies like Mercedes-Benz User Experience, as well as a redesigned steering wheel with built-in touch sensors, but that’s not…
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLS dimensions are sure to satisfy you and all of your passengers as you travel throughout Greenwich and Rye. We’ve covered everything you need to know about the interior and exterior Mercedes-Benz GLS dimensions below, so you can step into this seven-passenger SUV with confidence. Once you’ve seen enough, schedule a test…
GLS InventoryContact Us There’s no way around it. The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS is an imposing and unmistakable presence on the roads near Rye. However, those who’ve seen this model around may still wonder what features are offered in exchange for the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 price? Even at the base of the lineup, you’ll encounter…