What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?
What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®? If you’re considering a new Mercedes-Benz, you should know that this system works to help keep you safe on all your drives through the Rye area. By monitoring your driving habits, the ATTENTION ASSIST® system in your Mercedes-Benz can tell you exactly when to take a break and rest your eyes. Read on to learn more about how this advanced driver drowsiness monitor and find out which new vehicles offer the feature.
How ATTENTION ASSIST® Works
ATTENTION ASSIST® from Mercedes-Benz is an industry-first system. What makes it so special? It uses a highly sensitive sensor and algorithm to learn your driving behaviors, detect changes in your movements, and suggest breaks when it determines that you’re drowsy or distracted. Here’s how it works:
- Within a few minutes of your journey, the ATTENTION ASSIST® system begins evaluating your driving style according to more than 70 driving parameters.
- The system can detect specific steering corrections which could indicate you’re becoming drowsy or unfocused as you drive around Darien and Port Chester.
- In addition, ATTENTION ASSIST® processes information about your driving environment, including road conditions and crosswinds. It also senses how you’re interacting with instruments inside the cabin.
- If ATTENTION ASSIST® determines you’re drowsy based on the information it’s gathered, it’ll alert you that it’s time to take a driving break.
Models Equipped with ATTENTION ASSIST®
Most of the new vehicles from Mercedes-Benz include ATTENTION ASSIST® as standard equipment, as well as other active features like Lane Keeping Assist, DISTRONIC PLUS®, Blind Spot Assist, and PRESAFE®. Intrigued by a specific Mercedes-Benz model? Find out if it offers ATTENTION ASSIST® below:
- Cars: C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, CLA, and CLS
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
- Roadsters: SLC, SL, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Commercial Vans: Standard on all Metris models
What Other Mercedes-Benz Safety Features Are Available?
Today, Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® is standard on a wide range of models, including local favorites like the E-Class and the GLE. However, it’s certainly not the only exciting driver aid that you should look for in our new model inventory! Here, we’ve highlighted just a few technologies that you’ll find on more of our models, every year:
- Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® – Your Mercedes-Benz can also detect imminent collisions, and take steps to reduce the risk to passengers. In just a few moments, your windows will roll up, your headrests will adjust themselves, and your seatbelts will tighten securely.
- DISTRONIC PLUS® – DISTRONIC PLUS® is an adaptive cruise control system. Simply set your preferred speed and follow distance, and continue to steer. You’ll maintain your pace, and the system will respond automatically to the presence of other drivers. An additional Steering Assist feature can keep you centered in your lane.
Looking for even more to love? Today, many models are available with lane-keep assistance, blind-spot monitoring, parallel and perpendicular parking assistance, and so much more.
Test Drive a New Mercedes-Benz at Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich!
ATTENTION ASSIST® is just one of the many innovative features you’ll find in your Mercedes-Benz! Contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich to schedule a test drive or to learn more about other technologies, such as COMAND®, BlueTEC®, or 4MATIC® all-wheel drive. We’re conveniently located near Stamford and New Canaan.
Learn More with Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich
It’s hard not to get excited about the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB interior. After all, this all-new model isn’t just a compact SUV with an available third row and room for up to seven passengers. It also comes full-to-bursting with all of the latest technologies, amenities, and comfort features. Don’t wait to take a closer look….
If you’re looking to breathe new life into every curve on your Rye-area commute, you’ve got to take a closer look at the new Mercedes-Benz GLC price. Whether you opt for the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV or the freshly-redesigned 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe is entirely up to you. Take a closer look at the new…
There’s no limit to your enjoyment when you’re seated inside the 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class interior. After all, this celebrated model can be had in sedan, coupe, and cabriolet configurations, and it delivers all of the advanced tech and convenience features that you’d expect to find a Mercedes-Benz. At $41,400 MSRP* starting, it’s also an incredible…