What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?
What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®? If you’re considering a new Mercedes-Benz, you should know that this system works to help keep you safe on all your drives through the Rye area. By monitoring your driving habits, the ATTENTION ASSIST® system in your Mercedes-Benz can tell you exactly when to take a break and rest your eyes. Read on to learn more about how this advanced driver drowsiness monitor works and find out which new vehicles offer the feature.
How does ATTENTION ASSIST® Work?
ATTENTION ASSIST® from Mercedes-Benz is an industry-first system. What makes it so special? It uses a highly sensitive sensor and algorithm to learn your driving behaviors, detect changes in your movements, and suggest breaks when it determines that you’re drowsy or distracted.
So, what is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® actually doing while it’s engaged? Here’s what you should know:
- Within a few minutes of your journey, the ATTENTION ASSIST® system begins evaluating your driving style according to more than 70 driving parameters.
- The system can detect specific steering corrections which could indicate you’re becoming drowsy or unfocused as you drive around Darien and Port Chester.
- In addition, ATTENTION ASSIST® processes information about your driving environment, including road conditions and crosswinds. It also senses how you’re interacting with instruments inside the cabin.
- If ATTENTION ASSIST® determines you’re drowsy based on the information it’s gathered, it’ll alert you that it’s time to take a driving break. You’ll see a small coffee cup symbol appear between the gauges on your dashboard.
What should you do when ATTENTION ASSIST® says “Take a Break”? What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® actually trying to tell you? While no immediate action is required, the system is telling you that you should find a rest stop, grab a cup of coffee, or turn in for the night. It’s up to you to decide how to respond.
How was Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® Built and Assessed?
You now have a good idea of what this feature does–but if you don’t understand how ATTENTION ASSIST® reaches its conclusions, you might wonder if it’s really worth trusting! We want you to move forward with confidence, so get familiar with the tests that contributed to the feature’s development:
- Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® technology is the result of extensive trials. In order to determine which actions and behaviors constitute drowsiness, Mercedes-Benz conducted closely monitored road tests with numerous subjects.
- Some of the conclusions were based on self-assessment. Mercedes-Benz asked drivers to report on their own level of drowsiness, then cross-referenced their reports with observed behaviors during the same time frame.
- Of course, these self-assessments were complemented by objective tests performed with Electroencephalography (EEG) monitoring. Wherever brain scanning identified drowsiness, Mercedes-Benz technicians identified the correlated behaviors.
- In the real world, the system also does its best to understand and set your own unique habits. By determining your baseline behaviors, ATTENTION ASSIST® can recognize signs of drowsiness that other drivers might not share.
- Subtle movements and behaviors that correlate with drowsiness can be hard to track, but computer vision and haptic assessments can easily identify any divergence from the driver’s norm.
Models Equipped with ATTENTION ASSIST®
Most of the new vehicles from Mercedes-Benz include ATTENTION ASSIST® as standard equipment, as well as other active features like Lane Keeping Assist, DISTRONIC PLUS®, Blind Spot Assist, and PRESAFE®. Intrigued by a specific Mercedes-Benz model? Find out if it offers ATTENTION ASSIST® below:
- Cars: A-Class, C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, CLA, and CLS
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
- Roadsters: SLC, SL, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Commercial Vans: Standard on all Sprinter & Metris Vans
What Other Mercedes-Benz Safety Features Are Available?
Today, Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® is standard on a wide range of models, including local favorites like the E-Class and the GLE. However, it’s certainly not the only exciting driver aid that you should look for in our new model inventory! Here, we’ve highlighted just a few technologies that you’ll find on more of our models, every year:
- Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® – Your Mercedes-Benz can also detect imminent collisions, and take steps to reduce the risk to passengers. In just a few moments, your windows will roll up, your headrests will adjust themselves, and your seatbelts will tighten securely.
- DISTRONIC PLUS® – DISTRONIC PLUS® is an adaptive cruise control system. Simply set your preferred speed and follow distance, and continue to steer. You’ll maintain your pace, and the system will respond automatically to the presence of other drivers. An additional Steering Assist feature can keep you centered in your lane.
Looking for even more to love? Today, many models are available with lane-keep assistance, blind-spot monitoring, parallel and perpendicular parking assistance, and so much more.
Test Drive a New Mercedes-Benz at Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich!
ATTENTION ASSIST® is just one of the many innovative features you’ll find in your Mercedes-Benz! Contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich to schedule a test drive or to learn more about other technologies, such as COMAND®, BlueTEC®, or 4MATIC® all-wheel drive. We’re conveniently located near Stamford and New Canaan.
Learn More with Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich
When you want the ultimate luxury sedan, the 2023 Mercedes-Benz S-Class has you covered. Often referred to as the pinnacle of luxury, the latest Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan comes packed full of features and amenities for you to enjoy on Rye drives. When you climb inside the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan, you’re treated to high-quality…
If you’re looking for a Mercedes-Benz that delivers outstanding comfort for your Rye adventures, the new Mercedes-Benz GLB won’t let you down. The 2023 Mercedes-Benz GLB offers three rows of seating so you can bring along friends and family with you when you’re tackling your Stamford drives. It’s spacious and delivers outstanding versatility, so…
Electric vehicles are becoming more common on the Rye roads. They deliver impressive efficiency and advanced features to help drivers like you take on your drives in pure comfort. The electric vehicles from Mercedes-Benz are designed to deliver that legendary Mercedes-Benz luxury with the added innovation of an EV to take your Stamford adventures…