What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive bolsters performance by providing Rye drivers with more control and traction on the road. Available on a wide variety of Mercedes-Benz models, this all-wheel drive system provides many benefits, including:
- Enhanced grip in inclement weather (rain, sleet, snow, etc.)
- Fuel economy preservation
- Power distribution to wheels that need it the most
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
4MATIC® all-wheel drive takes your Stamford drive to the next level by addressing these four key areas:
- Because braking, acceleration, and steering depend on the force sent to a vehicle’s tires, Mercedes-Benz all-wheel drive expands power distribution to all four wheels to maximize the force sent to the road.
- If you’re headed into a corner, the outside wheels of your vehicle take a longer path than the ones on the inside, which causes a discrepancy in rotation speed. 4MATIC® monitors the wheel spin to ensure that your tires are working as they should be.
- 4MATIC® AWD also works with the electronic traction system to monitor conditions and adjust brakes and engine output in order to maintain control when encountering loose dirt, patches of ice, sudden rain, etc.
- This system also sends different amounts of torque to each wheel is order to offer the best handling possible.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Offer 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Additionally, most AMG® Mercedes-Benz models include AMT® Performance 4MATIC® all-wheel drive.
Explore 4MATIC® Mercedes-Benz Models Today
When you’re ready to explore a high-performance model in person, explore our new, used, and certified pre-owned options near New Canaan! If an all-wheel drive model piques your interest, schedule a test drive at your leisure! Our team is more than happy to help you explore our Mercedes-Benz performance parts and options, including advanced technologies like BlueTEC® diesel.
More From Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich
There’s no limit to your enjoyment when you’re seated inside the 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class interior. After all, this celebrated model can be had in sedan, coupe, and cabriolet configurations, and it delivers all of the advanced tech and convenience features that you’d expect to find a Mercedes-Benz. At $41,400 MSRP* starting, it’s also an incredible…
A Mercedes-Benz comes with undeniable style and performance— and with genuine Mercedes-Benz accessories you can customize your vehicle to be even more your own. Whether you’re looking to add stylish exterior accents or equip your Mercedes-Benz interior with better functionality and technology, our Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich parts department has all you need to make it happen. Read…
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz E-Class interior is offering more than ever before, and Rye drivers have been quick to take notice. Although it’s part of the same generation that was introduced several years ago, the 2020 model adds additional technology features, new available packages, and more. Take an in-depth look at its technologies, comfort features, and…