What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive bolsters performance by providing Rye drivers with more control and traction on the road. Available on a wide variety of Mercedes-Benz models, this all-wheel drive system provides many benefits, including:
- Enhanced grip in inclement weather (rain, sleet, snow, etc.)
- Fuel economy preservation
- Power distribution to wheels that need it the most
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
4MATIC® all-wheel drive takes your Stamford drive to the next level by addressing these four key areas:
- Because braking, acceleration, and steering depend on the force sent to a vehicle’s tires, Mercedes-Benz all-wheel drive expands power distribution to all four wheels to maximize the force sent to the road.
- If you’re headed into a corner, the outside wheels of your vehicle take a longer path than the ones on the inside, which causes a discrepancy in rotation speed. 4MATIC® monitors the wheel spin to ensure that your tires are working as they should be.
- 4MATIC® AWD also works with the electronic traction system to monitor conditions and adjust brakes and engine output in order to maintain control when encountering loose dirt, patches of ice, sudden rain, etc.
- This system also sends different amounts of torque to each wheel is order to offer the best handling possible.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Offer 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Additionally, most AMG® Mercedes-Benz models include AMT® Performance 4MATIC® all-wheel drive.
Explore 4MATIC® Mercedes-Benz Models Today
When you’re ready to explore a high-performance model in person, explore our new, used, and certified pre-owned options near New Canaan! If an all-wheel drive model piques your interest, schedule a test drive at your leisure! Our team is more than happy to help you explore our Mercedes-Benz performance parts and options, including advanced technologies like BlueTEC® diesel.
More From Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich
The GLE is a perfectly balanced midsize SUV for families in the Rye area, but which of the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLE configurations is the best fit for your needs? With four options to consider in this year’s lineup, it’s easy to find the perfect match—and we’ve laid out everything you need to know about…
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class interior offers everything that you’d expect to find in one of the world’s premier compact luxury sedans—and then some. Whether you’re searching for next-generation technologies, generous dimensions, or amenities that will please every passenger, you’ll find it right here. Find out what to expect from your test drive by reading…
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz S-Class interior puts the brand’s commitment to unparalleled luxury on full display. If you’re searching for a spacious and lushly appointed sedan, you simply can’t afford to overlook what it has to offer. Our guide to the cabin of this flagship sedan covers the Mercedes-Benz S-Class interior dimensions, features, lighting, and…