What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive bolsters performance by providing Rye drivers with more control and traction on the road. Available on a wide variety of Mercedes-Benz models, this all-wheel drive system provides many benefits, including:
- Enhanced grip in inclement weather (rain, sleet, snow, etc.)
- Fuel economy preservation
- Power distribution to wheels that need it the most
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
4MATIC® all-wheel drive takes your Stamford drive to the next level by addressing these four key areas:
- Because braking, acceleration, and steering depend on the force sent to a vehicle’s tires, Mercedes-Benz all-wheel drive expands power distribution to all four wheels to maximize the force sent to the road.
- If you’re headed into a corner, the outside wheels of your vehicle take a longer path than the ones on the inside, which causes a discrepancy in rotation speed. 4MATIC® monitors the wheel spin to ensure that your tires are working as they should be.
- 4MATIC® AWD also works with the electronic traction system to monitor conditions and adjust brakes and engine output in order to maintain control when encountering loose dirt, patches of ice, sudden rain, etc.
- This system also sends different amounts of torque to each wheel is order to offer the best handling possible.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Offer 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Additionally, most AMG® Mercedes-Benz models include AMT® Performance 4MATIC® all-wheel drive.
Explore 4MATIC® Mercedes-Benz Models Today
When you’re ready to explore a high-performance model in person, explore our new, used, and certified pre-owned options near New Canaan! If an all-wheel drive model piques your interest, schedule a test drive at your leisure! Our team is more than happy to help you explore our Mercedes-Benz performance parts and options, including advanced technologies like BlueTEC® diesel.
More From Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV may seem like any other luxury SUV at first glance but it’ll certainly stand out on the Rye roads. Its exterior styling is handsome and stylish while its interior is packed full of features and amenities. There’s plenty to appreciate with the new Mercedes-Benz GLC and that’s clear as soon…
The styling of a new Mercedes-Benz is sure to turn heads on the Rye roads. With flowing lines and sophisticated design elements, you’ll be looking back at your ride almost every time if you’ve got a Mercedes-Benz. The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC is no different and it offers an exterior design that’ll impress those you pass…
Driving nearly any new Mercedes-Benz vehicle on the Rye roads will deliver you an experience you won’t forget. However, if you’re looking for the ultimate luxury vehicle that comes packed with incredible innovations, there’s no better choice than a 2022 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan. The new Mercedes-Benz S-Class sedan builds upon a legendary reputation and offers…