How Long Does a Mercedes-Benz Last?
Anyone with firsthand experience can see that Mercedes-Benz cars and SUVs are constructed according to the highest standards—but how long does a Mercedes-Benz last? With an owner who follows the Mercedes-Benz service schedule and drives around 15,000 miles per year, a total lifespan of 13 to 17 years is far from unlikely. Most drivers can expect to see between 200,000 and 250,000 miles on the odometer when they decide to bring their vehicle in for retirement.
Record Achievements: How Many Miles Does a Mercedes-Benz Last?
You’ve already got a sense of how long a Mercedes-Benz will tend to last with proper maintenance—but it’s essential to note that there are always going to be exceptions to the rule. More to the point, amazing things are possible with the high-precision engineering that goes into every Mercedes-Benz.
Here’s what every interested Rye and Stamford driver should know:
- There are many reports of Mercedes-Benz vehicles lasting 30 years or more.
- One Mercedes-Benz—a 1976 Mercedes-Benz 240D that was owned by Gregorios Sachinidis—was able to continue running up to 2,850,000 miles! That makes it the longest-running Mercedes-Benz vehicle ever made, by a significant margin.
- Another model, also under the province of a single owner, crossed over the 1,280,000-mile threshold back in 2014. This vehicle was a 1966 Mercedes-Benz 250SE.
How to Get More Miles Out of Your Mercedes-Benz
As we noted from the outset, regular maintenance is the single most important determinant of a vehicle’s long-term reliability. Especially if you’ve financed your vehicle and plan to keep it in the family, you can ensure that it lasts as long as possible by following these tips and guidelines:
- Always carry out scheduled maintenance according to the guidelines laid out in your owner’s manual, or as specified by your vehicle’s computer systems. For models made within the past decade, it’s generally advised to alternate between Service A and Service B*. This means that you’ll visit your local authorized service center once per year or once every 10,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Extensive modifications may disrupt the high-quality engineering that separates your Mercedes-Benz from all rivals. We recommend that drivers exclusively employ genuine OEM parts and accessories whenever repairing or modifying their vehicles.
- Regular tune-ups and inspections can help to catch small issues before they balloon into bigger problems. Regular tire care helps to minimize vehicle shake and keep your car’s internal components in top condition.
- Highway miles are generally gentler on a vehicle than city miles, and high-speed performance driving can be especially demanding on a vehicle’s powertrain. The same may be true for towing. So, if you plan on experiencing everything that your Mercedes-Benz can do, it may be worth it to schedule extra inspections or maintenance appointments.
Find Your Mercedes-Benz at Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich!
Whether you’re buying your vehicle brand-new or pre-owned, we’d love to help you find a Mercedes-Benz that will be able to stay on the roads of New Canaan for years and years to come.
If you already own a Mercedes-Benz and want to ensure that it always receives top-tier care, don’t hesitate to explore our current parts and service specials.
More from Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV may seem like any other luxury SUV at first glance but it’ll certainly stand out on the Rye roads. Its exterior styling is handsome and stylish while its interior is packed full of features and amenities. There’s plenty to appreciate with the new Mercedes-Benz GLC and that’s clear as soon…
The styling of a new Mercedes-Benz is sure to turn heads on the Rye roads. With flowing lines and sophisticated design elements, you’ll be looking back at your ride almost every time if you’ve got a Mercedes-Benz. The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC is no different and it offers an exterior design that’ll impress those you pass…
Driving nearly any new Mercedes-Benz vehicle on the Rye roads will deliver you an experience you won’t forget. However, if you’re looking for the ultimate luxury vehicle that comes packed with incredible innovations, there’s no better choice than a 2022 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan. The new Mercedes-Benz S-Class sedan builds upon a legendary reputation and offers…
*2009 and newer Mercedes-Benz vehicles only. Price advertised for Service A/Service B includes all factory-required components. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for the complete list of factory-required services and details on the specific intervals for your vehicle’s year and model.